08 March 2010

Fearless Females - Women's History Daily Blogging Prompts #4

March 4 — Do you have marriage records for your grandparents or great-grandparents? Write a post about where they were married and when. Any family stories about the wedding day? Post a photo too if you have one.


Herman and Arlene Rienerth, ca 1946
I have marriage records for my paternal grandparents and for my paternal great-grandparents. Unfortunately, I don't know any stories behind them. That would be something for me to investigate, I guess. My grandparents, Herman Rienerth and Arlene Hetrick, were married on December 21, 1946 in Mahoning County, Ohio. It is difficult to tell whether they were married in a church and had a traditional wedding. The certificate is signed by a Rev. Donald F. Alber. Their license was granted on the same day so I'm not sure if this is an indication of anything. I do not have any wedding photos, but this picture was taken around that time.

Norman Hetrick and Florence Brickman, were married on July 3, 1919 in Mahoning County, Ohio. They were married by J.H. Graf, Pastor. The record does not indicate whether they were married in a church, but the application was dated the same day as their marriage. Their first child was born on 01 Jan 1920, so she was about 3 months pregnant at the time of this marriage. They were divorced some time after their 2nd child was born in 1922 as they were both living with their parents by the 1930 US Federal Census with their marital status marked as Divorced.

No comments:

Post a Comment