08 March 2010

Fearless Females - Women's History Blogging Prompt #5

March 5 — How did they meet? You’ve documented marriages, now, go back a bit. Do you know the story of how your parents met? Your grandparents?



My parents met through my mom's sister and her husband. My dad was her husband's best friend. They fell in love and were married three months later. Unfortunately, their marriage only lasted another 17 years before they were divorced.
 
My paternal grandparents met in a similar way (we think). They met on a double date with one of his relatives. That's all I know about them.
 
I have no idea how my maternal grandparents met! She was 15 and still in high school and he was 23 and I'm not sure how he was even connected to the area (California). She dropped out after only completing 10th grade to marry him (1948-1949) and had her first child by the time she was 16. Unfortunately, the same goes for my maternal great-grandparents. I need to find out more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment